Wideone

In preparation for Silverton I ordered a Motherwell luggage rack which arrived today. It’s a piece of cake to fit and is very sturdy. I’ve also bought a Pelican case knock off from Supercheap as a suit case to strap onto it. Some Indian leather lowers and I’m ready to roll. If the Spirit of Tasmania stops sailing I’ll be in a bit of trouble though. I might have to go to Woolworths and lick a few shopping trolley handles to try and get the Corona virus and get it over and done with. 😂😂😂


643EB077-C3D3-4367-94A0-F6F4E9C9B545.jpeg 

Quote 0 0
Croc
That looks good.  How do you find riding without the pillion?  I took mine off, liked the look but after 1500kms it was hurting my back.  Put the pillion back on and found it gave me that little extra support.  Mind you, got a 2015 Chief Vintage, maybe different seat style?  (or maybe a broken back & getting old is my problem?)
I'm Not Completely Useless . .
I Can Be Used As A Bad Example!

Kwinana W.A.

Ulysses   #48275
IMRG      #100932
Quote 0 0
Wideone
Croc I haven’t ridden it without the pillion yet. Time will tell I guess. 
Quote 0 0
Dr.Shifty
The link to the pic is not working for me, I only get a bit of code telling me access is denied.

Am I the only one, or has it disappeared for some reason?
Cheers, Kim.

From Woodrising (no, nobody else has heard of it either)
Rides a Springfield Dark Horse
Quote 0 0
Wideone
Dr.Shifty wrote:
The link to the pic is not working for me, I only get a bit of code telling me access is denied.

Am I the only one, or has it disappeared for some reason?


Thats odd. I can’t see it either. I’ll try again.  I’ve reduced the size this time  5A99A660-8CC3-4FBD-9088-ADC533844D5E.jpeg 
Quote 1 0
JuanPoop
Croc wrote:
That looks good.  How do you find riding without the pillion?  I took mine off, liked the look but after 1500kms it was hurting my back.  Put the pillion back on and found it gave me that little extra support.  Mind you, got a 2015 Chief Vintage, maybe different seat style?  (or maybe a broken back & getting old is my problem?)


A backrest would solve all of that ? ! ?

aka - John
2017 Springfield - grey / burgundy
Northern Beaches - Sydney
Quote 0 0
Croc
I imagine a backrest would work, but in all honesty, I don't much like the look of the rider backrest.  I took the pillion seat off in the first place because the Chief had really nice lines with just the single seat.  Was ok around town etc but a strain over 1000kms or more.  Still, might just be my back.

(hehehe I DO like a riders backrest if it is female and has suitable "backrest" equipment!  oops..is that not PC??)
I'm Not Completely Useless . .
I Can Be Used As A Bad Example!

Kwinana W.A.

Ulysses   #48275
IMRG      #100932
Quote 2 0
Wideone
I went for a rip today and I can’t feel any difference without the passenger seat. 
Quote 0 0
Dr.Shifty
That pic is working.

I have the same rack (plus backrest) and I've wondered about some sort of pack for the back. I might see what that pelican case looks like.
Cheers, Kim.

From Woodrising (no, nobody else has heard of it either)
Rides a Springfield Dark Horse
Quote 0 0
Wideone
Dr.Shifty wrote:
That pic is working.

I have the same rack (plus backrest) and I've wondered about some sort of pack for the back. I might see what that pelican case looks like.
 

It looks like crap but it’s waterproof and will take a beating. A black ratchet strap will help. I might even glue some high density foam onto it for a back rest. 

1788E170-DC47-4662-9A8C-12920EBA1BB5.jpeg 
Quote 1 0