twodogs
seemed like a simple job except my bike has 48,000kms on her. 
Things have decided to become permanently welded to each other. 😡
After using a lot of WD40 and the gentle persuader (hammer) things came apart. 
At the time of posting I have gutted the cat, I now need to find someone to weld it up for me. 
It’s not too hard a job but remember on older bikes things are glued together.
367DEF1B-1794-4E44-BFBA-E4D17FFCB7C9.jpeg 
2015 Roadmaster (blood & custard) 
IMRG member #AU100257
Galston, NSW Oz
Quote 1 0
V-Twin
Hey Two Dogs, your pipes will sound nice once everything is welded and bolted back together.  👍🙂
Let's be kind to one another.
Melbourne, Victoria
Quote 0 0
damienpearse
that is a bloody good effort.
There's a few in hornsby that can do it.
Quote 1 0
twodogs
V-Twin wrote:
Hey Two Dogs, your pipes will sound nice once everything is welded and bolted back together.  👍🙂

I’m more interested in the heat loss it’s something that has annoyed me since day one.
2015 Roadmaster (blood & custard) 
IMRG member #AU100257
Galston, NSW Oz
Quote 2 0
Lout
A picture is worth a thousand words.
Good job mate ✔
Shouldn't be too hard for a good welder to stitch that trapdoor back up.
Quote 1 0
V-Twin
Lout wrote:
Shouldn't be too hard for a good welder to stitch that trapdoor back up.
...another option is to have hinges fitted and use the compartment as a small oven!  Sure, your bike will sound weird but you can ride along and make a toast or boil some water for a hot cup of coffee.  😆  

Apologies.  It was a slow news day and it is bucketing down outside. 😄
Let's be kind to one another.
Melbourne, Victoria
Quote 1 0
twodogs
V-twin... NO! 😝

I found a local guy to weld it. $40 👍

Saturday will be spent in the garage reassembling, cursing, crying...
2015 Roadmaster (blood & custard) 
IMRG member #AU100257
Galston, NSW Oz
Quote 0 0
V-Twin
twodogs wrote:
V-twin... NO! 😝
Hooefully your bike will be all put together before we come up your way... 

http://www.indianmotorcycleforum.com.au/post/melbourne-to-gold-coast-tour-7-july-2018-to-21-july-2018-9672780

Let's be kind to one another.
Melbourne, Victoria
Quote 0 0
stevenlb21
twodogs wrote:
V-twin... NO! 😝

I found a local guy to weld it. $40 👍

Saturday will be spent in the garage reassembling, cursing, crying...

I would have done it for nothing as I am a fitter/welder by trade but you would have had to bring it to Penrith
Cheers......Steve
Penrith, NSW

2015 Indian Chieftain (Indian Motorcycle Red)
"TECUMSEH"
IMRG Membership No.  AU101486

Meanwhile back at the Ranch, Tonto disguised as a door gets his knob shot off !!!.

Quote 0 0
twodogs
stevenlb21 wrote:

I would have done it for nothing as I am a fitter/welder by trade but you would have had to bring it to Penrith

thanks for the offer Steve. Maybe others on here can use your services 👍
2015 Roadmaster (blood & custard) 
IMRG member #AU100257
Galston, NSW Oz
Quote 0 0
stevenlb21
The offer is out there for anyone in the Sydney area
Cheers......Steve
Penrith, NSW

2015 Indian Chieftain (Indian Motorcycle Red)
"TECUMSEH"
IMRG Membership No.  AU101486

Meanwhile back at the Ranch, Tonto disguised as a door gets his knob shot off !!!.

Quote 1 0
Dr.Shifty
V-Twin wrote:
...another option is to have hinges fitted and use the compartment as a small oven!  Sure, your bike will sound weird but you can ride along and make a toast or boil some water for a hot cup of coffee.  😆  
😄


 
car cooking.jpg 
Cheers, Kim.

From Woodrising (no, nobody else has heard of it either)
Rides a Springfield Dark Horse
Quote 1 0
twodogs
Ready to put back together 😁 B2D617A0-B9BC-429F-8F5B-406FE24A16DA.jpeg 
2015 Roadmaster (blood & custard) 
IMRG member #AU100257
Galston, NSW Oz
Quote 4 0
stevenlb21
Have you done anything else to your bike like a stage1 kit
Cheers......Steve
Penrith, NSW

2015 Indian Chieftain (Indian Motorcycle Red)
"TECUMSEH"
IMRG Membership No.  AU101486

Meanwhile back at the Ranch, Tonto disguised as a door gets his knob shot off !!!.

Quote 0 0
twodogs
I’ve de-plugged the mufflers and had a high flow AC put on.
I was happy with the sound of the exhaust as swimbo didn’t complain about the noise. I hope that without the cat it won’t be too loud.😉

I might go for a visit to APL to check the tune or do you think it won’t make too much of a difference?
I had the 48k service done while I’m recouping from stomach surgery.
2015 Roadmaster (blood & custard) 
IMRG member #AU100257
Galston, NSW Oz
Quote 0 0
twodogs
It took about an hour and a half to put back together. 
2 things to remember. 1: put 02 sensor back in before you assemble headers. 2: put heat shields on before testing the new sound. 
I did make a recording of new system but doesn’t sound any different to other videos.   
I’ll report back on heat issue. 
2015 Roadmaster (blood & custard) 
IMRG member #AU100257
Galston, NSW Oz
Quote 3 0
stevenlb21
twodogs wrote:
It took about an hour and a half to put back together. 
2 things to remember. 1: put 02 sensor back in before you assemble headers. 2: put heat shields on before testing the new sound. 
I did make a recording of new system but doesn’t sound any different to other videos.   

I’ll report back on heat issue. 

From what I've been told and can make out, yes you will have to re tune/re map your bike, only because you're done two stage 1 upgrades which a standard tune will compensate for but removing the Cat Con will make to breathe so much better that a new tune/map is required
Cheers......Steve
Penrith, NSW

2015 Indian Chieftain (Indian Motorcycle Red)
"TECUMSEH"
IMRG Membership No.  AU101486

Meanwhile back at the Ranch, Tonto disguised as a door gets his knob shot off !!!.

Quote 2 0
Lout
stevenlb21 wrote:

 you're done two stage 1 upgrades which a standard tune will compensate for but removing the Cat Con will make to breathe so much better that a new tune/map is required

I agree.
With the ST2 tune and no cat mine runs OK on the highway but the throttle response around town is pretty sketchy.
Quote 0 0
Lout
Forgot to mention.
Mine's thrown 2 x 65590 codes on startup since the cat was deleted.
"Misfire detected" "Cylinder unknown"
Best I park her up.
PVCX will be here any day.
Quote 1 0
twodogs
Goodness what a difference it has made. Heat has decreased significantly and (not sure but) throttle response seems so much better. Exhaust note is not annoying (for me). Almost tempted to invest in Lloyd’s cams 😁
2015 Roadmaster (blood & custard) 
IMRG member #AU100257
Galston, NSW Oz
Quote 1 0
stevenlb21
twodogs wrote:
Goodness what a difference it has made. Heat has decreased significantly and (not sure but) throttle response seems so much better. Exhaust note is not annoying (for me). Almost tempted to invest in Lloyd’s cams 😁

So this is worth doing
Cheers......Steve
Penrith, NSW

2015 Indian Chieftain (Indian Motorcycle Red)
"TECUMSEH"
IMRG Membership No.  AU101486

Meanwhile back at the Ranch, Tonto disguised as a door gets his knob shot off !!!.

Quote 0 0
V-Twin
twodogs wrote:
Almost tempted to invest in Lloyd’s cams 😁
Never ends, does it???  😆
Let's be kind to one another.
Melbourne, Victoria
Quote 2 0
twodogs
stevenlb21 wrote:

So this is worth doing

absolutely
2015 Roadmaster (blood & custard) 
IMRG member #AU100257
Galston, NSW Oz
Quote 1 0